Labels

Friday, November 14, 2014

WHAT IS TEMPORARY?


WHAT IS TEMPORARY?
                      
I don’t usually choose  
to park this close – 
unlike those
who sport
handicapper signs.
Parking lots
help me exercise.                        

And this cane
you think you see
is actually                  
a mountain hiking stick.                                                                             

I say I’m practicing.
In reality
it steadies my walk    
and helps me manage
my sciatica.

The stick, it’‘s just temporary.
Freedom will come with surgery.

But it is normal for
old spines to collapse.
So I may keep my stick –
stow it there
with all my other
hiking gear.                                                                                                                                                       
   
Dennis R. Keefe
October 21, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment